BACKGROUND

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Finger Foods

Warning: this blog is a stream of consciousness so there are no real transitions. Just an amalgam of thoughts.

So I just finished eating chips and dip. The dip was running low so I used my finger to scrap up some of the last remaining bits. If I was in public, I wouldn't do that - etiquette and all you know. But when I'm by myself, I do things like that because it's easier than getting up and getting a knife or some other implement to scrape the dip. Amazing what we do when we're alone that we would never do in front of others.

I'm really glad tomorrow is Friday. I feel the need to sleep in and relax so I'm looking forward to the weekend. I've been trying to relax more lately. I can very easily get into the mode of running myself ragged with chores, to-do lists, and so on. Tonight, I spent about 30 minutes in a hot bath reading a magazine. Peanut came to visit me once or twice. It was nice getting to read in a cozy bath and petting my baby every once in awhile. Peanut always relaxes me.

Work is going well and I'm enjoying what I am doing. The people there are great and I have no real complaints. Yes, yes it is true. I have found a job I love with a great working environment. I too cannot believe it and I often pinch myself to be sure it's not a dream. So far, all I've gotten is a bunch of pinch marks so I'm going to assume it's real.

Right now, I'm watching Most Evil: Cult Leaders on TV. Very interesting stuff. Since I started studying psychology for my M.A. degree, I have taken a greater interest in this type of thing. I say greater because I've always had an interest in it. It's just become heightened now that I am understanding more about the behavior of others and what makes us do the things we do.

Speaking of school, I finished my classes for the term this week and I made straight A's. I'm proud of myself for that. I love what I am studying and the knowledge I am gaining.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I laughed reading this ;) We all do things when no one else is around we'd never consider when out in public.

I'm glad you're liking the new job!

quacker mommy said...

Good job with the grades.

I do the same thing with dip, too. And cream cheese. And peanut butter. And . . .

Dauphyfan said...

Great job on the grades!