BACKGROUND

Monday, May 5, 2008

A Perfect Monday

It's been a quiet Monday at home for me. I have Mondays off and I was glad of it today because it was pouring rain when I got up this morning to see Dear Husband off to work. It continued pouring for most of the morning and into the afternoon. I got a few things done and then around 10:30 a.m., the fur kids and I went back to bed and had a great nap until 1 p.m. During that time, the electricity went off so I had to get up and deal with the backups beeping. Turned them off and went back to sleep. Nothing like a good nap during a major storm.

In addition to enjoying the weather under the covers, I also finished my last exam for this semester. I am now done with the two classes I was taking. I start summer school in early June so I have roughly a month off now. Other than that, I've just been puttering around the house not doing much of anything really. I watched Dr. Phil and Oprah, talked briefly to a friend, did a quick e-mail for work, and played around on message boards. Tonight, I will have dinner with a friend at a favorite restaurant and then return home to a hot bath and a comfortable bed to curl up in for a great night's sleep. The perfect Monday and Mon-night if you will!

1 comment:

Dauphyfan said...

Under the covers during a storm sounds cozy and good to me. Grab a good book and some hot cocoa and that's all you need...:)