BACKGROUND

Friday, May 9, 2008

Waxing and Waning

It was a good day for getting things done. I spent all morning sweeping my bangs off to the side in that annoying "get out of my eyes" way that I do when they've gotten too long. I realized that this weekend was going to have to include a bang trim. I also decided that this weekend was also the time to get my eyebrows waxed. I was planning on getting that done last week, but I didn't.

I grabbed something to eat at the drive-thru for lunch and sat in my car listening to the last side of a book on tape. While I was sitting there, I realized that I had about 30 minutes before I had to be back at the office so I drove the mile or so over to Super Cuts. I got my bangs cut and my brows waxed. Ahhhhh...I felt so much better. Not only were my bangs out of my eyes, but I got rid of the unibrow; not to be confused with the unabomber who wrecked so much more havoc than my unibrow.

During a break in the afternoon, I balanced my checkbook and made a plan for the bills I need to pay this month. When I got home, I folded laundry and scrubbed the bathtub. Before I go to bed, I will run the dishwasher and do a load of laundry. Definitely a productive day/evening.

Tomorrow, I plan to stare at the ceiling. All day.

1 comment:

citizen of the world said...

Just read through and caught back up with you. I need a day of staring at the ceiling, although I don't see it happeneing soon. I hope you get to do that!

And amen to the rant several posts back.