BACKGROUND

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

One

One week to go until my best friend arrives in Houston and one week, one day to go until we board our cruise ship to sail to Cozumel, Mexico. I am SO excited. I had really hoped to lose some weight before this trip since I'm not at all liking the numbers on the scale right now. But you know, it occurred to me tonight that it doesn't matter how fat or thin I am. What matters is that my best friend and I are going to do something we've always talked about. So I'll look fat in the pictures. I'm finally OK with that because it's wonderful to think that we even have the opportunity to take pictures from this wonderful adventure that we are finally getting to embark on.

Things have been busy leading up to this journey. I am crazy busy at work with a big job that fell into my lap yesterday. I was supposed to work 21 hours this week instead of my usual 32 because my boss asked some of us to cut our hours since the company was going to have a large outlay of cash with an upcoming project. However, it turned out that the big job that fell into my lap will be a part of the upcoming project so I am working lots of hours this week. I am more than OK with that since it means more money for me.

I'm also trying to get back on the fitness bandwagon as well. I want to lose weight, but I also want to get healthy and fit again. I miss having the agility and range of motion I have when I am at a proper weight. Tonight, I went to the gym and worked out hard on the elliptical and then the treadmill. I will be back there tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to it. I always feel accomplished after a good workout.

3 comments:

citizen of the world said...

I love counting down to a vacation. Have fun!!

Dauphyfan said...

Who cares about anything besides the sun, fun, and relaxation that awaits us. I for one agree with you! I thought my diet regimen was going well and I was feeling pretty good until I went to try on swimsuits...:( Anyhow, we are gonna swimming with dolphins and that is all that matters. And we mustn't forget, to see SATC and last but not least, can you say beignets!

Jaime said...

Sounds so wonderful, take plenty of pictures to share!! ;)