BACKGROUND

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sore

Today was a rough day. I spent some of last night coughing so I didn't get a good night's sleep. This morning, I woke up with a terribly sore throat. I thought it was from the coughing. Nope, it appears that the sore throat portion of my bad (very bad) cold has returned. This is not good. When I am sick, the sore throat usually fades as the days go on.

As a bonus, I also sound like a 13-year-old boy going through puberty. My voice cracks and is gravely. I spent much of the day at work drinking orange juice and hot tea. That helped. Thankfully, I was working on the company website again today and that doesn't involve a whole lot of interaction with others so I didn't have to talk a lot. I will be working on it again tomorrow as well. I'm looking forward to the weekend so I can sleep and do nothing. Hopefully, that will cause the cold to start packing its things in preparation to leave. If I still feel like crap on a stick by Monday, then I will go see my doctor. I have Mondays off so I can take any appointment that day, which helps.

Since I am not feeling well, I came straight home from work and took a hot bubble bath, made a simple dinner, and am now eating and lounging in my new robe. I bought the robe on the cruise ship and it is truly the most comfortable robe I've ever owned. I'm going to lounge in bed in my comfy robe with a book and then get to sleep early.

No comments: