BACKGROUND

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Swing of Things

Today was my first day back at work after the cruise. Thankfully, it wasn't as difficult as I had thought it would be. It's always hard to get back in the swing of things. This morning, I got up and drove into work arriving at 8 a.m. No one was there, which was odd, since someone is almost always there by 7:30 a.m. So, I waited about 20 minutes and then called my boss who told me everyone was working from home this morning since our internet was being updated in the building.

It was a bummer that no one told me, but my boss gave me the code to our door and I got some things I needed to work on and went home. It was nice working from home since I could throw a load of laundry in or load the dishwasher while something was printing or loading.

I went into the office in the afternoon and spent much of the time working on our business website. We have a web designer, but I'm the team lead on developing it so I discuss it with my boss and then mock up the things we'd like to see. We're hoping to have it up and running this week. We've been working on it for a month or so now.

Unfortunately, I'm also working on a bad cold. I caught it on Sunday, the night before the cruise was over. It's getting better, but definitely needs another day or two to start really tapering off.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I'm glad you're settling back in but sorry you have a cold. I hope you feel better soon!