BACKGROUND

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Good Day

Dear Husband's birthday was yesterday. He doesn't care one way or the other about birthday celebrations, but I think they're very important. So, I threw a party for him today. It was a small group of family and friends and we had a wonderful time. We had pizza, cake, and good conversation, all of which make for a fun get-together.

My dad flew in yesterday from San Antonio for the party. Sadly, he was able to get a plane ticket for less than it would have cost him to make the roughly four-hour drive from San Antonio. I took the afternoon off work and went to get him at the airport. He flew into the airport that was about an hour away since Southwest services that airport and not the one near me. It was ok though because I was able to listen to my book on tape while driving to the airport. I finished it tonight. It was Legacy of Silence by Belva Plain and it was excellent! I was riveted by it.

I made it to the airport and wandered around trying to locate my dad. I could have called him on my cell if I had my cell. About 20 miles into my drive to the airport, I realized I had left my cell phone in the bathroom at work. When I finally located my dad, he said that Dear Husband had my phone. It seems that someone in the dentist's office down the hall from the restroom had found my phone and called the last number that had called me. That happened to be my dad. My dad then called Dear Husband who works in the building next door to mine. Dear Husband retrieved my phone from the dentist's office. Thank God. I just got my phone in October, I would not have been at all happy about having to buy a new one right now.

After retrieving my dad from the airport, I stopped by the office of Robin, a friend of mine who is a fellow lawyer. A few months ago, she was doing fund raising for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team In Training. Part of that fund raising was a Pampered Chef party, which I was unable to make, but I ordered online to support the cause. Robin and I kept trying to meet up, but were unable to do so for whatever reason. Well, I finally got to meet up with her at her office yesterday. I retrieved my Pampered Chef items and I got to see Robin with her 20-week pregnant belly. This is the first baby for Robin and her husband and I am really happy for them both!

So all in all, everything worked out - I got my phone back, found my dad at the airport, picked up my Pampered Chef items after six months, and enjoyed a great get-together today. After the party was over, Dear Husband and I cleaned up the house and I took a nice, hot bath to unwind and relax. Tomorrow, I will take my dad to the airport and will return home to a long nap and a day of ease. The perfect after-party recovery!

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Yay for the great find of your cell phone! Yay for a great time with your dad and the party for your husband too.. Hope all is well. Hugs to you.

Jaime said...

Hurray for parties!! It sounds like you had a great time, Happy Birthday Dear Husband!