BACKGROUND

Monday, July 28, 2008

My, My

It was a very busy weekend for me. I was on the go from Friday to Sunday. A friend called me at work on Friday and asked if I could have dinner with her. I did that after work. Saturday, I got up early and drove 30 miles to attend boot camp with my friend, R. Boot camp is an hour-long exercise (read torture) experience. For the small price of $10, I got to realize just how out of shape I am. R is 32 weeks pregnant and in wonderful shape. I'm really proud of her for keeping up with exercising throughout her pregnancy. She really made me want to get in better shape myself. If she's exercising while pregnant, I can certainly get my non-pregnant lazy butt off the couch.

After boot camp, I went to the home of J and A, who are wonderful friends of Dear Husband and me. We have recently gone in with J and A on a fruit/veggie co-op deal. For $7 a week, we get some great fruits and veggies. I picked up our box and then asked if I could take their kiddo, C, to a swimming party my in-laws were giving. They agreed and I sent Dear Husband to kidnap C later in the afternoon. C's mom, A, was such a good sport about letting her go. It was the first time C had been anywhere without either her parents or her grandparents. I totally understood the worry. It's tough to let your baby go for the first time with other people, regardless of who they are.

C is such a wonderful child. She has a special place in my heart and I think she knows it! At 2.5 years old, she is smart and funny and very sociable. She had a great time at the party. She grasps new things REALLY quickly. I put her in a floating ring and held on to her hands. Then I told her to kick her feet and she did it! She is going to pick up swimming with no problem, I can tell that. She really seemed to love the water. The rest of the party consisted of cake and ice cream and hanging out with the other kids. Then, we took a very tired C home to her parents. It was a great day for all.

This morning, I was able to sleep in, which was nice. In the afternoon, I made the trek to the Pearland area to see my friend, P. I adore P, she has THE best sense of humor and is just the sweetest person. We went to Olive Garden and then headed over to a showing of Mamma Mia. It was such a fun movie and made me want to get up and dance. After the movie, I hung out with P at her house and gave tons of attention to Spike, who is P's adorable Yorkie. Spike is also Peanut's fiance. There is much love there.

I drove home after that and ran two quick errands that had to be done. Even though this has been a super busy weekend, it has really been worth it. I had a great time with everything, even boot camp. Still, I look forward to sleeping in tomorrow and doing absolutely nothing all day. I'm SO glad I have Mondays off.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I need to get off my rear and work out. I started doing the stair climber and moderate weights a couple of weeks ago and started getting fatigue once again and stopped.

You've inspired me to get up and try again ;) And I tried emailing again, I'm going to use the back PC at lunch time to do it, it just takes a looooong time, so I'll be writing back today!