BACKGROUND

Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's an Adventure

So here's the rest of the story from the last blog posting. Dear Husband and I were on the way home from the airport when my friend, AG, called. AG had been good enough to house/dog sit for us while we were in Vegas. She had been on her way to our house when she had a flat tire. She had to pull over about five miles from our house. She had left me a voice mail about this to let me know that she wouldn't be there when we got home as we had planned.

Dear Husband and I drove to where she was stuck and examined the damage. The tire was not flat, but rather ripped. The tread had started to peel away on one of the tires causing it to be difficult to drive. Dear Husband knows cars, gadgets, computers, and so on. We all piled into the car so Dear Husband could go home and get what was needed to fix the situation. He got his tools and such. We all piled back into the car, drove back to the scene, and fixed AG's car. AG followed us home so she could collect her stuff and her cat. We finally got to bed around 11 p.m. that night, which was much later than I had anticipated. I had to work the next day and I was dead tired, but that isn't terribly unusual (thank you insomnia/fatigue issues).

I'm still recovering from leaving vacation land and returning to reality. Reality is not all it's cracked up to be. If you need me, I'll be here studying vacation brochures.

1 comment:

Dauphyfan said...

Hopefully you got some restful Z's.