BACKGROUND

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Leaving Las Vegas

Dear Husband and I are home. We were both a bit sad to leave Las Vegas yesterday, but we made our last full day (Sunday) a day to remember. We started out sleeping in, which is always a great way to "start" any day. We got up and took the monorail to the MGM and walked over to M&M's World, which was SO MUCH FUN. It's four floors of everything you ever wanted to know about M&M's, not to mention the adorable M&M items. Dear Husband and I bought several souvenirs there. We feel it's important to support the chocolate economy in whatever way we can.

Next up was the Coke Museum, where we bought some Coke-related items and drank some Coke products of course. Fortified by soda, we made our way down the strip to do some more souvenir shopping. I bought a Las Vegas-print rolling suitcase and matching carry-on bag. They are great, I love them both.

I've needed a rolling suitcase for awhile now so it was as good a time as any to buy one and I got an incredible deal. Both the suitcase and the carry-on bag were under $50 total! I used them both on our way back and they were great - excellent quality for being so cheap.

After that, we headed over to The Bellagio to pick up my ticket for that night's performance of Cirque Du Soliel's "O." Dear Husband couldn't go with me since the tickets were terribly expensive. We headed back to the hotel and relaxed, then I got ready to go back to The Bellagio for the performance.

IT WAS AMAZING! I am just in awe of Cirque Du Soliel. Not only were the performers amazing, but the performance itself was its own work of art if that makes sense. The set and the costumes were unbelievable. I was three rows up from the stage in the center. Fantastic seats for a fantastic show. Fantastic isn't even the word for it, there are no words. I will definitely see another Cirque performance as soon as I possibly can. After the show, I immediately went to the gift shop and bought an "O" T-shirt and the CD of music from the show.

After the show, Dear Husband met me on the strip and we walked through Paris. We got in line to go up the Eiffel Tower, but as we got to the front, they shut it down because of high winds and lightening. They said they might start it up again, but couldn't be sure. So, we got out of line and headed over to The Venetian and then just walked the strip. It was a wonderful ending to a wonderful night.

Monday found us awake early to get ready to head home. We had to take the airport shuttle at 11:10 a.m. even though our flight wasn't until 2:30. The shuttle was packed and reservations were in short supply so we had to take what we could get. Thankfully, when we got to the airport at 11:45 a.m., we were offered a 12:45 flight by Continental with no extra charge. We jumped at the chance and were able to get home two hours earlier than we previously planned. Once we got home, more adventure ensued, but that is a story for another day.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I'm so jealous! I'm glad you had a great time ;)