BACKGROUND

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Starbucks and Me

Cable and Internet are not yet restored at my house. It has been two weeks now since we had them and honestly, I don't miss cable that much. Internet on the other hand...well now, that has been tougher. However, when you lose a needed service, you improvise. In this case, I added T-Mobile Hot Spot service to my cell plan (which is through T-Mobile of course) for $19.99 a month. This will allow me unlimited internet use at any T-Mobile Hot Spot. I can cancel it anytime and it will be pro-rated for the days I actually used it. Have I mentioned how much I love T-Mobile?

So, Starbucks is right up the road from my house. Every day, I drive two miles so I can use the Internet. It's always a good day when I can get the cushy bench seats, which is what I ended up with today. WOO-HOO!! The interesting thing about not having Internet access at home is that I've ended up getting a lot more done than I otherwise would have. I'm always glued to my computer at home. Now, I read more, I finish projects I've been meaning to complete, and just generally relax more. When I come to Starbucks to work on my computer, I am conscious of what I need to complete, such as logging into my online classes, and I get it done a lot faster. I do not have the luxury to put it off because if it requires the Internet, I can't get it done at home. It must be done in the moment.

On that note, I'm homeward bound. It's almost 8 p.m. and I haven't yet eaten dinner. I have, however, finished the homework I was behind on, and checked the sites I wanted to check. I've also written this blog. I'd say I've been productive. See you tomorrow at the Starbucks!

2 comments:

Dauphyfan said...

They should give you a little reserved spot for all the business you probably have given them...=) Look forward to connecting with you again (pun intended). Miss ya!

Jaime said...

I don't know how you do it but I'm so glad you're ok and you're blogging. Sorry I haven't check in, I have internet but no opportunity to sit down! ;)