BACKGROUND

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Clean, Wrapped, and Ready

I spent the evening last night doing some housework so that it will be clean when we return from San Antonio on Sunday. I dusted and vacuumed the living room and I cleaned the ceiling fan in the living room. I always forget to clean the ceiling fan on a regular basis so I decided to do it and I'm glad of it. Lots of dust up there.
Dear Husband (DH) was terribly busy yesterday too. He worked late and then stopped on his way home to help a friend with a computer problem. He got home around 9 p.m. and changed into his pajamas, and sat on the couch for some down time. It wasn't to last.

He got a call around 11:30 p.m. that there was a work problem he had to go and deal with. He left and was dealing with this problem (with the help of some colleagues) ALL NIGHT! Poor guy. He got home around noon. He basically worked 24 hours with a couple of hours off. He's sleeping right now. I made him lay down when he got home because we are doing Christmas Eve tonight with his family and I know he needed some rest.

I have to give kudos to DH here. He works really hard and is very good at what he does. I am terribly blessed with the men in my life. My dad is paying for my M.A. degree and if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have been able to go back to school right now. DH works hard so I can work less hours and concentrate on school. I am blessed in ways I can't possibly put down in a single blog.

Today I've been trying to bless our house with more cleaning. Our kitchen was a mess because we've both been busy this week so I straightened it up, started the dishwasher, and started a load of laundry. I wrapped five gifts (the final ones needing to be wrapped).
I also did one of those chores that need to be done, but I never get to: I glued the pieces back on a magnet that had broken, but that I love so I saved it to fix. It was in four pieces and I had put it in a container to glue at a later time. That was a few months back. I finally did it today and it went back together beautifully.

I'm planning on taking a nap soon and then getting ready for the Christmas Eve festivities tonight.

No comments: