BACKGROUND

Monday, December 22, 2008

Cold Christmas

Houston, we have a cold front. It's sweater weather here, but that's just today. It could change anytime. It was in the 70s on Saturday and today, it was in the 30s. The weather is confused and can't make up its mind what it wants to do. I'm grateful for hot baths and hot tea tonight.
I can't believe Christmas is three days away. I just haven't gotten into the Christmas spirit this year. A lot of that has to do with having been in Oregon for two weeks and worrying about my mom. I just can't concentrate on the holidays. My mother is fine and recovering well so that is a definite blessing.

Dear Husband and I will be spending the holidays with my dad in San Antonio. We're going to spend Christmas Eve with the in-laws here in Houston and then drive up to San Antonio on Christmas Day. Christmas evening will be spent hanging out with my dad at his house. Friday evening we'll either see a play or go to dinner and a movie and Saturday will be spent at the comedy club. We'll go home on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to it because it will be a chance to just relax and have a good time.

Happy Holidays to all in the blog world! Remember to count your blessings this year - there are so many for all of us.

2 comments:

Kate said...

This weather is nuts--I ran in shorts and a sleeveless shirt Saturday and today I had a wool coat and a scarf. I'm glad you're getting a chance to rest and relax a little. Taking care of everything with your mom must have been very hard. I'm glad she's doing better.

Happy Holidays!

Dauphyfan said...

Crazy weather seems to be contagious this season. We have been buried in snow for days, some communities have declared state of emergencies, parts of I-84 has seen blizzard conditions and is closed down, and it's supposed to be 40+ degrees (a heat wave around here) this weekend! Mother Nature is smoking crack or something...

On another note, wish your family a wonderful holiday and hugs to you!