BACKGROUND

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bathing the Oven

Today, the oven was in the bathtub. OK, so not the whole oven, just the bottom pull-out drawer. You know that drawer...it's the one where everyone always stores baking sheets, bowls, and whatever else will fit in there that is sometimes (or never) used in the oven. Ours had a few baking sheets, some weird wire rack, a Rubbermaid bowl, and the lids to several Pyrex containers that I believe are in the kitchen cabinet.

The drawer hadn't been cleaned in many moons (or forever) so I decided to do it today. It's a big drawer so I had to cart it to the bathtub to really get it clean. I let it sit in there with some bleach, cleaned it, and dried it. I then put all the sundry stuff in the dishwasher. Those baking sheets and other stuff were dusty. So yeah...I don't bake much OK?

In between putting the oven drawer in the bathtub, I did a ton of laundry, folded it, and put it away. I also swept and mopped the kitchen floor. I followed that up with a trip to the card store where I purchased cards for all our family events through June. That is quite possibly the only thing I do not procrastinate on.

Tomorrow is another drive to Victoria and I'll return Saturday afternoon. My dad, who has been on a cruise this week, will be back Saturday and he, Dear Husband, and I will go to our favorite Mexican restaurant before dad returns to San Antonio on Sunday. A busy week to be sure, but at least my whole oven wasn't in the tub.

No comments: