BACKGROUND

Monday, February 23, 2009

Random Ramblings

I have various random thoughts to discuss today. In no particular order, here are things that I've thought about or find of some interest:

My brother safely returned home to Japan from Iraq today. He did a six-month tour of duty in Mosul, Iraq and my family was very concerned for him the entire time he was there. This is the third time he has served in a war zone in his many years of service in the Air Force. We are grateful and blessed that he has returned healthy and safe from each tour. He is stationed in Okinawa, Japan right now and was happy to be reunited with his wife and two children as well as his friends.

Someone in our subdivision owns a hearse. It is always parked in their driveway and I see it every single time I drive into our subdivision. Today, I did a double take as I drove by because I saw a face in the side window of the hearse. It was a mannequin head and the black curtain on the hearse window was draped on the side of the head. Seriously?? That is so wrong on so many levels.

Last, but not least, my friend, FK, will be taking the Texas Bar Exam this week. It starts tomorrow morning and continues through Thursday. This is her second try at the exam and I would appreciate all prayers and good thoughts for her as she goes through it. I took the bar four years ago and I still vividly remember the fear of failing (I passed thank God) and the many sleepless nights of studying and worrying. FK - I know you can do this! I'm rooting for you!

1 comment:

Dauphyfan said...

So grateful Kelly came home safely!