BACKGROUND

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Breaking Point

This is another edition of my random thoughts. In no particular order and with no transition between paragraphs, here are the things I've recently done or thought about:

I'm expanding my hobby base and getting into creating blog backgrounds. I made the one you currently see on this blog. I definitely need to improve in a few areas, but this is the first one I've made that has come out close to the way I wanted it to, so I'm hopeful that others will do the same.

I am on Spring Break this week, which means that I will NOT be driving to Victoria on Saturday! I cannot tell you how excited I am about sleeping in this weekend. Dear Husband's friends are having a get together on Saturday, but I am missing it because they live a good 80 miles away and I told Dear Husband that the last thing I want to do is be in the car on my only Saturday off from the usual long drive. He understood and I know his friends will as well. I like them, but I just need some me time on a glorious free Saturday.

There's a woman at work who comes in frequently and says to me "So what are you working on?" She's a partner in the business, although not exactly my boss. Anyway, she did this yesterday and several thoughts went through my head that I would have liked to have said, but didn't in response to the question:

1. I'm pretending to work...just like every day.
2. I'm running my prostitution ring.
3. I'm trafficking drugs on eBay.

I mean really...I've been there over a year. How long does it take before someone assumes you're working and leaves you alone to do it? This particular person is like this with everyone, but it's still an irritant of sorts.

I woke up this morning with a sore throat so I am taking Zicam like crazy. I am hoping it will stave off any major illness. I'm also going to get some rest tonight unlike the last few nights where I haven't been able to sleep for several hours at a stretch.

2 comments:

Dauphyfan said...

Like Bill Engvall loves to say..."here's your sign" (to your coworker). Hope you enjoy your day off! We're off to the coast for the weekend.

Jaime said...

I love the layout and hope you enjoyed your rest. I chuckled when you said "trafficking drugs on ebay".