BACKGROUND

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Long Day's Journey

My day started this morning at 6:50 a.m. when I rolled out of bed, gave Peanut some pets and kisses, and got ready to make the 155-mile drive to Victoria. The beltway was under construction at one portion of the road so that put me behind schedule somewhat. I made it to class with about five minutes to spare, so it was all good, but I was SO tired. I had been hoping to get to Victoria with about 30 minutes to spare (my usual time) so I could take a quick nap in the car. No such luck.

When the professor came in, she said we all looked unhappy and several of my classmates commented that they had had bad mornings. Something must have been in the air today. It got no better for any of us in class since we had a pop quiz. None of us did well on it and the professor announced she wasn't grading it, but had given it to us to drive home the point that we need to do more memorization of the MMPI-2 scales. That will be my goal for this week. There are 10 clinical scales to memorize and I can do that.

After class, I had lunch with a friend and her adorable daughter and then I made the long drive home. I was SO tired when I got home that I pretty much just fell into bed. Unfortunately, I only slept for about an hour and then I got up. Just wasn't sleeping well even though I was exhausted. I dealt with some rather thorny family issues on the phone with two different relatives tonight. That alone is enough to make anyone tired. I'm going back to bed now. Hopefully my dreams will not consist of MMPI-2 scales or psychopathic deviants (that would be scale 4). But I don't care if they do. This day has wiped me out. Sweet dreams.

2 comments:

Dauphyfan said...

Sorry your day was so long! We were out til after 10, so I'm sorry I missed your call too. Let's touch base on Sunday, okay? Sleep well!

Kate said...

I'm sorry to hear about your day. I hope you got some sleep last night.