BACKGROUND

Saturday, April 25, 2009

FIESTA!!

I have been in San Antonio since Thursday night hanging out with Dear Husband, my dad, and our doggers. We are here for Fiesta! Fiesta is an 11-day celebration in San Antonio with tons of events. I have been coming up from Houston for Fiesta since I moved here in 2002. It always takes place in April and is just SO much fun. There is no way to participate in everything that goes on during Fiesta, but we always see either the day or night parade and we almost always go to NIOSA or Night In Old San Antonio.

NIOSA is a huge multi-cultural celebration that is staged in La Villita. Vendors set up all kinds of booths selling souvenirs, tons of various foods from Mexico, Germany, China, and more. It is fantastic and I always enjoy it. The great thing about Fiesta is that it feels like the entire city is celebrating. Everyone is happy, having a good time, and just present in the moment. It's such a reminder to just have fun and let go of worries and concerns. The whole city is happy and that is something wonderful to be a part of.

We spent Friday night at NIOSA and tonight found us on a riverboat tour of the Riverwalk and then the Flambeau parade. It was amazing with several incredible floats, marching bands, dancers, and other performers.

Fiesta officially ends tomorrow, which is a bit of a let down, but I'm already looking forward to next year!

2 comments:

Dauphyfan said...

I wanna go!

citizen of the world said...

Sounds like fun. I've been to San Antonio visiting family a couple of times, but never at fiesta-time.