BACKGROUND

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Learned

I have three college degrees: two B.A. degrees that I earned at the same time and a law degree. I am working on my M.A. degree now. After three degrees and halfway through my fourth, you would think I would have learned not to procrastinate on my homework. But no. No. I have not learned this very simple lesson of keeping stress at bay by getting things done in a timely manner. I hope someday (soon) to finally learn this because last night and this morning were a nightmare thanks to my habit of procrastination.

Last night, I was working on a psychological report that was due in class this morning. I always underestimate the time things like that will take me so I was still working on it at 1 a.m. I finally finished it at 1:50 a.m. I went to bed, but couldn't get to sleep until 3:30 a.m. That meant I slept for a little over three hours before I had to get up and drive to Victoria for my class. That was a 2.5 hour drive. I am grateful to Casey Kasem and his American Top 20 countdown for keeping me company and keeping me awake on the drive.

Toward the end of class, I was so exhausted that I decided to just stay in Victoria for the night. My trusty Motel 6 welcomed me with a clean room and a comfortable bed, which I made use of fairly quickly. A two-hour nap helped quite a bit. I'm still tired, but I feel a lot better than I did. I will make the drive home tomorrow after a good night's sleep. And I will NEVER procrastinate on my homework again. Keep me accountable to that dear blog friends because this whole exhausted, no sleep, driving to class, feeling like death would be a relief thing is a real hassle.

1 comment:

Dauphyfan said...

Hopefully this class will come to an end soon. Your recent work developments may've been a blessing in disguise given the craziness of your school schedule this term. I wish you very happy bunny day!

P.S. Love the new background. Maybe you can make me a cool cake one sometime. :) Last Cake Standing is on tonight!