BACKGROUND

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Before 5 a.m.

So the other night, I went to bed really late - about 2 a.m. I was in the guest room because Dear Husband is a big time snorer and I need my rest. I usually start out with him in our bedroom and then move to the guest room when he's asleep since he falls asleep fast and I don't.

Anyway, Peanut and I were getting settled when my foot touched the bottom of the bed and it was wet. Upon investigation, I saw that Peanut had peed on the bed. She never does that! She's been house broken for a very long time now. I think it was my fault because when we went into the guest room, she didn't want to get on the bed and I finally made her do so. I think she was trying to tell me she needed to go out. Usually, she will whine and/or quietly growl if she needs to go out so I completely missed the signal.

So I got up, stripped the bed and began washing the sheets. It took about three hours to wash the mattress cover, sheets, and comforter. I was up until shortly after 5 a.m. It's amazing what you can do when you're awake in the early morning hours:

1. Make a music CD for a friend.
2. Answer e-mail.
3. Post on message boards.
4. Eat a Popsicle.
5. Contemplate finances and think about how to make money.
6. Organize job listings.
7. Clean up the kitchen, do some dishes.
8. Play Facebook games.
9. Contemplate the weirdness of people (this one takes up a lot of time).

I don't recommend that anyone stay up all night on a regular basis, but if you have to for some reason, there's a lot you can get done. :)

4 comments:

Jessatsea said...

you DID get a lot done. :)

Angi Herbison said...

OMG, I so would have slept on the floor and dealt with it the next day.

Dauphyfan said...

Those early am cleaning frenzies can be very productive too! It's like you're in a zone...

citizen of the world said...

Oh, I've had those experiences. It's almost an out of body state.