BACKGROUND

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Finality

I really need to get some things done this week. I need to finish two psychological reports and my final exam (take home) by Friday morning. That way, I can fly to San Antonio on Friday afternoon without worrying about all that work. I am spending the weekend with my dad. He will drive me to class on Saturday in Victoria while I sleep in the car. It's my last class of the semester and I am SO glad. That drive was getting to be a real drag. It will be nice to have my weekends back.

In the midst of trying to get this stuff done, I will be doing some other things as well including meeting my friend, Farah, to help her out with some law stuff. It's rough being a new attorney and I remember those days well. She asked me to help her get her feet on the ground in the whole law arena and I am happy to do it. It's scary being a new lawyer because you get very little help from anyone. You are pretty much thrown to the wolves unless you are lucky enough to work in a firm with a great mentor or you know an attorney who can show you the ropes.

I did our grocery shopping tonight and made a dinner with enough leftovers to provide lunch for me tomorrow so I can sit at my laptop all day and complete my reports. Taking a deep breath...OK, let's do this!

2 comments:

citizen of the world said...

Good luck!

Dauphyfan said...

I have faith you will get it all done with time to spare. Say hi to your dad for me. Vegas baby!