BACKGROUND

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Goings On

It's been a busy time for me ever since mid-April. I've been traveling a lot and have had a great deal of work to do with school. I was laid off from my job on April 8 so in the midst of everything else, I've also been job searching. I loved the job and the people I worked with and they seemed to feel the same way about me. I was taken to lunch on my last day and given some great compliments by my boss, so that helped soften the blow. The economy just stinks for everyone.

The weekend of April 25th, Dear Husband and I traveled to San Antonio for Fiesta and then the next weekend I drove to Victoria for class on Saturday. The weekend after that, I flew to San Antonio on Friday, my dad drove me to class on Saturday, and we returned to San Antonio that afternoon and attended a play that evening. It was Angel Street and was an excellent production! Sunday found us at the movies watching Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, which was really cute and worth seeing. Monday we had a nice lunch before I headed home on the plane at 5 p.m.

I am really glad to have this weekend off from doing anything. I will take the dogs to the park on Saturday and just enjoy my free weekend. More travel is in my immediate future though as my BFF, Britt, (of Swimming with Dolphins) and I are going to Las Vegas in June! I am very excited to see her and have fun hanging out in Sin City. And if you're wondering how vacationing is possible when one is unemployed, it's simple - Britt and I are both pretty good about planning stuff on the cheap seeing as how we've both been students since Socrates was alive. Viva Las Vegas!

4 comments:

citizen of the world said...

You've been busy! That's a good thing.

Angi Herbison said...

I like the new background!

Dauphyfan said...

Can't wait to get on that plane. Starting to dig out the shorts now. LOL

Elizabeth said...

Oh that sounds like fun!