BACKGROUND

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Roughing It

It was a rough day today. I didn't sleep well last night. In fact, I haven't slept well for the last few weeks so I was exhausted this morning when I got up at 6:30 a.m. to make the 155-mile drive to Victoria. Unfortunately, the exhaustion caused a headache so that just added to the difficulty. I was listening to a book on tape that I was really getting into, only to discover that the third of the four tapes was missing. Sigh. I made it to class though and gave my presentation, which went really well.

The drive back was really tough though. I was SO tired and despite having taken two Extra Strength Tylenol during class, the headache stayed with me. About 60 miles into the drive back, I pulled over into a gas station/mini mart parking lot and took a 20 minute nap. It helped A LOT! I was sweating like a pig when I got up since the heat and humidity is working up to full force these days and will be at its peak in the summer. Unfortunately, I was still tired (but not too tired to drive) and the headache was still with me so by the time I made it home, I was once again exhausted and in pain.

I went to bed and took a two-hour nap. I felt better when I woke up, but the headache was still there. I took two Aleve, Dear Husband made me some soup, and I had some sweet tea. That combination of things did the trick! I feel a lot better now, but I need to go to bed and get some more sleep. Tomorrow I should be 100% once again.

1 comment:

citizen of the world said...

Everyone has their own combo of things that work for headaches - for me it's aspirin, diet coke and sleep.