BACKGROUND

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Chasing Pavements

I've changed my blog background once again to reflect my desperate need for Autumn and the cooler weather it will bring. Well, actually it won't bring cooler weather to Houston, but it will bring "less hot" weather so I dream of Autumn days.

The fall also brings another round of school for me. I start back on August 24th with two classes. This term, those classes are Advanced Research Methods and Vocational Counseling. I'm not a huge fan of research methods, but vocational counseling should be interesting. In the Spring semester, I will take two more classes and that will complete the academic portion of my program. I'm looking forward to finishing my classes and beginning my practicum classes, which will be field work.

I continue to pound the pavement for a job. Chasing Pavements is perhaps more like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T8tYL2bqGQ It's rough in these difficult economic times, but persevering is the only way to make it happen. That, and a lot of prayer! Right now, a lot of sleep is what I need so I'm going to bed. Sweet dreams!

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Hey there!!! Good luck on the pounding of pavement. I know so many people who are looking.. and many have had luck! So, that's a good thing! :)

I think you will too.. be persistent.

Thanks so much for all your recent comments on my blog. I'm so sorry I haven't been around much. Just busy here and things just get crazy.

You asked about my sister.. she's in Dallas. I'm probably going to try and fly out there in the next couple weeks and stay with her a couple/three days. I'm looking for a cheap Southwest ticket. I think I can fly pretty cheap from Birmingham to Love Field. I'm not going to tell her until I've ticketed up.

Do you have an email you'd share with me? I'll give you mine..but I don't want to post it here.

It's ok either way.. take care and happy day today :)

cheers!

Let me know if you start reading Bulls Island..

secret agent woman said...

No no! I'm not ready for fall!

Good luck this last year of your program.