BACKGROUND

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wait Listed

I love to read. I always have. I have a ton of books in my To Be Read (TBR) pile. In the past couple of weeks, I finally took two books off the waiting list and read them. The first was a book I started a few years ago, but then lost interest after a chapter or two and didn't finish it. I almost NEVER do that. If I pick up a book, I will usually read it to completion. For some reason, this book was the exception to that rule.

I picked up the book again and finished it this month and I liked it. The first time around I just wasn't in the mood for it perhaps, but this time, it clicked. The book was You Bet Your Life by Donald Bain. It's a book in a series that is based on the old TV series Murder She Wrote. The same characters from the TV show are in the books. I loved that show so I figured I'd like the books and I've read several in the series.

The second book I finished was read within a couple of days this week. It's not a book I'd previously started, but it is one I've been telling myself I needed to read. It's been in my car forever. I usually carry a book in my car for those times when I'm waiting for someone or I need to kill some time before going somewhere. Once I started it, I was hooked and had to finish it. The book was The Art of Mending by Elizabeth Berg. I love Berg's work and have read many of her novels. This was another great book from her and I am sorry I waited so long to read it.

If you have a book on your shelf that you want to finish or that you've never started, but you always tell yourself you will, then grab the book and read it now. Oh, and tell me what the book is and what you thought about it in the comments!

3 comments:

Dauphyfan said...

I think I'll put "The Art of Mending" on my to-read list!

Lawfrog said...

You'll love The Art of Mending. Anyone who has any kind of dysfunction in their family (which basically means the entire world) will find something of value in that book.

secret agent woman said...

SOunds like a good book. I have a stack I'm working on, with so little time to devote to it.