BACKGROUND

Friday, September 18, 2009

Breezing Through the Flu

Dear Husband has been sick for three days. He had a scratchy throat, which turned into a full-fledged flu. He stayed home from work on Wednesday and was not doing well at all. Yesterday, I took him to the doctor's office and he was diagnosed with the flu, given some "get well" instructions and a prescription to ward off secondary infections, and we headed home. Today, he is doing slightly better, but still suffering. He's coughing and has a terrible headache. I think if he gets some rest over the next two days, he'll be a lot better by Monday.

Today, I made sure he was comfortable then I headed out with one of my textbooks to Starbucks so I could get some reading done. It's easier to do it away from home because there are just too many distractions at home, chief among them the Internet. Reading outside Starbucks was fantastic because there was a nice little breeze, which I desperately needed. I was getting tired of the stagnant heat we've had in Houston this summer. Anyway, I got some reading done for my Advanced Research class and did a little grocery shopping. I decided to make chicken and dumplings because it's easy to do and I thought it would help Dear Husband with his flu.

It did seem to help and he's now watching TV with Sprite in hand and his laptop on the table so he's happy. I'm rather tired and am planning on an early night although I do need to find a new topic to research for my class. My friend, Jaime, gave me a good idea this afternoon and I am going to see if it's a viable topic then I'm heading off to a nice bubble bath and some relaxation.

Stay well everyone!

3 comments:

Shelby said...

Oh I hope your husband is better soon. My daughter has the swine flu - all week since last Friday. IT's the pits.

Dauphyfan said...

Hope Chuck is on the mend. The flu is never a good thing. Sitting at Starbucks is awesome to get things done too. When you are by yourself, you can kick back with your book, your thoughts, and a nice grande whatever.

secret agent woman said...

Sorry about your husband and hope he's on the mend.

You should come here - we've had rain and cool breezes for weeks.