BACKGROUND

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Frisco and Jose

On Friday, I will be heading out to San Jose and then down to San Francisco with my dad. He turns 65 on Saturday so it will be a wonderful birthday trip for him. I will be meeting my Great-Uncle Bill (my dad's Uncle) and his family for the first time and I am looking forward to that. I hear he is literally a great uncle so that is exciting - finally a branch of the family tree that isn't psychotic. Right on!

Dad and I are taking separate flights as he lives in San Antonio and I am in Houston. We'll meet up at the San Jose airport and then head over to the Winchester Mystery House! I am SO excited about finally getting to see it. I lived in California until I was 9 and I never got a chance to see it. I didn't think I would for a very long time, but then my dad talked about going out to California to see his uncle and suggested we see it. WOO!!

After that, we'll hit up a good place to eat (Dad and I have been researching the food) and we'll head to our hotel. Saturday, we're planning on driving to San Francisco where I'll take the tour of Alcatraz and Dad will hang around Fisherman's Wharf. Dad saw Alcatraz a year or so ago and he's not interested in going again. I, on the other hand, have not seen it since I was in second grade so I'm really excited about it. After Alcatraz, we're both going to take the city tour on a double decker bus. We're thinking of eating Chinese food after that. China Town in San Francisco is very popular and we've looked up some restaurants so it should be easy to find one. We are also going to try our luck with Lombard Street. It is famous for being a steep, crooked street. I told my Dad that we will be climbing the street. Truth be told, neither of us are in the kind of shape necessary to climb it, but we're going to do it anyway. :)

We will meet Uncle Bill on Sunday and then fly back to Texas on Monday. I am SO excited about this trip. I've passed through San Francisco's airport several times in the last few years, but I haven't been to the city itself since I was a child, and of course the Winchester Mystery House has always been on my "things to see" list. I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend and I will report back with pictures next week!

3 comments:

Dauphyfan said...

I am very jealous! It sounds like you'll have an awesome and very busy Labor Day weekend. DH and I have been really wanting to see Winchester House too. Say hi to the ghosties if you see any!

secret agent woman said...

Cool! I went to SF a few years ago and found Alcatraz amazing. I even shut myself in a solitary confinement cell to see how dark it was. Creepy! I really love that city.

secret agent woman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.