BACKGROUND

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Hot Head

Last week, I nursed Dear Husband through the flu and then on Saturday, it was his turn to nurse me through it. I felt achy all over, had a cough, and was just generally blah. Sunday, it really hit hard with the aches, the fever, the coughing and the general misery that brings about that oh so unfair irony - you feel like dying, but you have no strength to commit suicide so you bitch and moan instead.

My highest fever was 101.8, but Tylenol Warming helped that a lot. It also helped me to sleep, which was a blessing. My days since Saturday have consisted of sleeping, getting up for a couple of hours or so, and then sleeping for several more hours. I've been sleeping more than I've been awake, and when I am awake, I eat a lot of soup and Popsicles, and I drink a lot of orange juice, Sprite, and water.

Today, I am starting to feel a little better. Basically, I've gone from being on my deathbed to thinking they might be able to save me. I'm still coughing, still very tired, but not as achy as I was. At least not during the day. I seem to get more achy and icky feeling at night. Last night, my dear friend brought me a sickness survival kit consisting of Kit Kats, Swiss Miss cocoa, Celestial Seasonings Echinacea tea, a 12-pack of Canada Dry Green Tea Ginger Ale, Puff's Plus with Vick's tissues, hand sanitizer, honey, Johnson & Johnson's Soothing Vapor bath, and two boxes of soup. Rounding out the sickness kit was a bouquet of yellow roses and white carnations. I love my friends. I truly have the most wonderful friends in the world and I am very grateful.

I'm going back to bed now. Stay healthy my friends!

1 comment:

LegalMist said...

I hope you recover soon. The flu is no fun at all.