BACKGROUND

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Busy Bee

It's been a very busy weekend. Dear Husband was out of town from Friday afternoon to this evening. He was working in Dallas so it was just me and the doggers for the weekend. Friday night I had dinner with a friend and helped her sort out some work issues. Saturday, I went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to buy a bridal shower gift and then I attended said bridal shower Saturday evening. That was fun because my friend, A, was there too. Her husband was working with my husband out of town so we had a chance to catch up and chat. Today found me at my book club meeting and tomorrow I will be at a meeting for a board I sit on. WHEW.

The rest of this week will be taken up with working on a paper for one of my classes. I'm looking forward to Christmas break, which should begin for me in the first week of December. I need the break. I will only be taking one class next semester since the other one I need is offered at the same time. After I take next semester's class, I can start my practicums (working in the field). I'm excited about that. Little by little, I am getting closer to having M.A. after my name.

In addition to getting my studying done, I've also been doing quite a bit of leisure reading. I just finished Circle of Friends by Maeve Binchy. I LOVED IT! I could not put it down. At 596 pages, it's a long novel, but so worth it and the pages just fly by. I highly recommend it. Now, I've got to go find something else to read. I'm torn between a true crime book that I need to finish and another Maeve Binchy. Choices, choices.

1 comment:

Dauphyfan said...

You know, I tried reading "Circle of Friends" years ago, but had trouble getting into it. However, that was during my days on the graveyard shift, so maybe it was due to sleepiness. I'll give it another try. The movie was awesome!