BACKGROUND

Monday, November 23, 2009

Winding Down and Winding Up

The school semester is winding down while the holiday season is winding up. I have a major project to finish this week for school and I am hoping to complete it by Thursday so I can enjoy Thanksgiving and then use the weekend for editing before turning it in on Monday. After that is complete there are still a couple of exams, but those are not as difficult as the project. The school semester will wind down in the first week of December, which is when the holiday season will begin winding up.

I've been invited to a few Christmas events throughout the month of December and I'm hoping to be able to go to at least two or three of them. I will be attending my friend's (PF) Ugly Christmas Sweater party for the first time since I couldn't make it last year. PF does it every year and everyone comes wearing their ugliest Christmas attire. It should be a blast. Plus, my friend is a little over 20 weeks pregnant and I haven't seen her in person since she announced the pregnancy so I'm looking forward to seeing her.

The other event I am going to try and make it to is my friend's (EL) cookie decorating party. She has people drop in for a four-hour time period to decorate and eat cookies, as well as visit with one another. I went a couple of years ago, but again didn't get a chance to go last year. EL and her husband adopted an adorable little boy who was born on Christmas Day in 2007. I haven't seen him for awhile so it will be nice to see how he's grown and changed.

We'll be spending Christmas with Dear Husband's family this year. We're spending Thanksgiving with my dad and his side of the family in San Antonio. So there's a little bit of traveling for the holidays, but I'm looking forward to it! I love to see my dad's family and catch up with them since I don't see them that often.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments: