BACKGROUND

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Merry Crashmas!

I haven't blogged in 10 days not because I had nothing to say, but because there was much to be done before the holidays so blogging got shoved to the back burner. What also got shoved to the back (though to the engine and not the burner) was the radiator in my car. On the Tuesday before Christmas, my car decided that it wanted to rearrange the engine compartment by hydroplaning and crashing into the car in front of me. Just a quick note - that is a good way to rearrange the engine compartment should you need to do that.

The hood of my car was dented, the lights pulled out, and the radiator pushed in toward the engine. I am grateful that the hydroplaning occurred after I had braked at a light so there wasn't a great deal of speed involved. I am also grateful that I was not hurt at all and that the car in front of me wasn't damaged nor was the driver injured at all. I have wonderful family and friends, all of whom checked up on me after I posted about the accident on Facebook. Thank you all!

I was cited for failure to control speed and my car was towed. Dear Husband picked me up and I returned home to concentrate on the upcoming holiday. Christmas was low-key and a lot of fun. We spent Christmas Eve with the in-laws and then Christmas Day found us at home with my Dad, who had come from San Antonio on Wednesday. We opened gifts in the morning. The doggers received coats from my mother in Oregon. They wore them all day and loved it because it was cold out so it was like having a permanent blanket for them.

Later in the afternoon, we had a delicious turkey dinner with all the trimmings. Dear Husband's friend, Brad, came over to enjoy the dinner with us and my friend, Angel, joined us later in the evening. We had a fun night of dessert and games. We played Apples to Apples, and Scruples. Both games were a lot of fun and a great way to spend the evening with friends and family.

Saturday found Dear Husband helping a friend so Dad and I headed to the movies to see Sherlock Holmes. It was FANTASTIC! Dad and I are both huge fans of Sherlock Holmes and all mysteries really so it was awesome to see the movie with him. We finished the afternoon with lunch at WhatABurger and Dad then headed home to San Antonio. It was so nice to have him here for the holidays. I enjoy spending time with my Dad.

Since Saturday, I've been slowly returning the house to its pre-holiday state. I am putting away decorations, gifts, etc. I didn't put up a lot of decorations this year so that makes clean-up a little easier. We are getting ready for a wonderful new year and I cannot wait!

5 comments:

AmbitiousB said...

I haven't been on facebook in a few days and didn't know about the accident. Glad to hear you're safe & sound!

secret agent woman said...

Good indeed that you weren't hurt!

Looks like some of your time was taken up with dressing the pups.

Dauphyfan said...

Sounds like the holidays were lots of fun! Someday maybe we can spend one together...:) Doggers look adorable!

J.A. Saare said...

Hey ;)

I'll have to see Sherlock if it has your seal of approval. Jim's been begging me to go.

I need to get my decorations down...I keep putting it off!

Happy Early New Year!

Jaime

kbarsch said...

I didn't know about your accident--I'm so glad you are okay! Glad to hear you had such a lovely Christmas--it sounded wonderfully relaxing (=