BACKGROUND

Friday, April 23, 2010

Busy, Babysitting, and Bandobast

April has been one of the busiest months in a very long time for me. In addition to driving to and from school and doing the homework, I've also been filling my time with a divorce case and babysitting. I've started working for a woman with two sets of twins. They are all boys, ages 8 and 6. I have so much fun with them! They have tons of energy and we play games like Guess Who, Go Fish, and Chutes and Ladders. We toss the football, kick the soccer ball around and just have a good time. Still, it takes time and energy.

I will be starting my field work this summer and I had to search out a work site for myself, which took a few weeks of calling, leaving messages, and waiting for return calls. I finally found a site and took a tour of it yesterday. I had to fill out the paperwork and all that administrative stuff. I then headed out to babysit the twins times two. I've sat for them several times this month.
In addition to that, I attended a meeting of the committee I sit on at UH. It was a rather contentious meeting with a lot of issues to be discussed. All of these things has left me exhausted. As I write this, I am babysitting the 2-year-old daughter of a friend of mine. She's a doll (the friend and the daughter), but I am looking forward to some free time this afternoon and tomorrow. Although I have things to do at home, I don't have to go anywhere again until Sunday (when I will babysit the twins x two again) so I plan to catch up on my sleep and just rest in general. I really need to do that to recharge myself for the coming week when things will be less busy than they were last week, but still busy enough.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

hey there.. sorry I haven't been around in a while.. thanks so much for your comment today on therapy.

Wow what a ride I've been on.

My husband's a therapist too.. so I should know the ropes. Unfortunately, I'm human.

blegh.