BACKGROUND

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Going with the flow

As of yesterday, I have been in San Antonio for a month. Seems weird to think I've been away from Houston that long. I have enjoyed my time here getting to care for Dad, but also getting to talk with him, watch movies with him, and just hang out with him. People should really consider just listening to their parents and being with them for a few days. You can learn a lot from them.

Dad is doing really well! We are walking every day as the doctor recommended and he's even driving again. He's eating healthy and has lost weight. I'm really proud of his recovery efforts!

Right now, my tentative return to Houston date is October 3. I am not looking forward to it to be honest. I have enjoyed getting to relax and not worry about schedules and such. It's just been me and my Dad along with the doggers and we plan our days out one day before or when we get up. 

Nothing is set in stone and we can just go with the flow. So nice to be able to do that. But real life cannot be ignored as much as I wish it could be. I will be doing some work here before I leave so I won't feel so behind when I get back to Houston - answering e-mails, drafting some legal paperwork, and so on. Right now though, my bed beckons me. Good Night All!

4 comments:

Jaime_sama said...

Glad to hear your dad is doing so well! He is lucky to have you to come and help him.

secret agent woman said...

Nice to hear you have such a good relationship with our parents. Hope it's like that with my own kids when I'm old.

Brandi said...

I'm glad your dad's doing well! It sounds like it's been incredibly peaceful to get away for a while for some quality time with him. Make sure you take a few pictures if you haven't already so that you can remember these moments vividly years from now.

mxmlbll said...

this is the best thing i've ever read