BACKGROUND

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tested

It's been an unbelievably busy week. Wednesday was a staff meeting/Christmas party at work, Friday was an afternoon holiday party and then an evening murder mystery "Who Killed Santa" holiday party for a company I do contract work for. Saturday evening was a birthday dinner for a friend of mine and today, I am hanging out with another friend doing a pizza and movie day. It's our Christmas gift to each other - the present of presence. I have wonderful, amazing friends and I am so grateful for every single one of them who loves me for all my great qualities and my, well, not-so-great qualities. My friends are a gift that I am given every single day.

It's a good thing those friends are in my life because 2010 has been really difficult for a lot of us. I blogged about that just recently. There has been a lot of loss and a lot of pain for a lot of people. A lot is the key word there. I know 2011 will be better for everyone. I feel it in my bones. The time of a lot of pain and loss has passed. 

There will always be pain and loss in life, but I am of the belief that it should be spaced farther apart than it was this year. I know that this year was about faith in every area of my life. It was about knowing that God is in control and will take care of my needs if only I will let Him. I have decided to let Him because He always does a better job of it than I ever will. I am grateful that God is as forgiving as He is. I have needed that this year. Faith untested is faith unknown. We must be tested if we are ever to declare that we truly have faith. Faith is easier said than done. It's only in the really hard times that we know if we truly have faith. I like to think I have passed the test.

1 comment:

S.I.F. said...

I hear everything you're saying... just hoping 2011 is a little easier!