BACKGROUND

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

35


I turned 35 on February 4th. I love birthdays, I always have! As some people age, they hate birthdays because they are reminders of time passing and getting older. Personally, I don't mind getting older because as I've gotten older, I've also gotten smarter. There are things I know now about myself and about others that would have been very handy in my teen years/early 20s. I know that as time passes, I will learn more and life will get better. There is much to be grateful for now and much to look forward to.

I spent my birthday in San Antonio this year with my Dad and Peanut. We had a great time! On the day of my birthday, Dad, our cousin Bonnie, and I had dinner at Bill Miller's BBQ and then headed out to Laugh Out Loud, a comedy club in San Antonio. We all laughed through the whole show. There is nothing better than a good dose of laughter, it was a great way to celebrate. On Saturday, Dad and I signed him up for Scuba Diving lessons (something that is on his bucket list) and saw The Roommate, which was freaky, but very good. We headed home to a dinner of Dad's homemade tacos, which rivals any Mexican restaurant anywhere! Sunday was a quiet day at home. We watched the Super Bowl and just hung out. Monday, it was lunch at Bill Miller's BBQ again (that place is FANTASTIC) and then I headed home to Houston where I had a late birthday dinner with a friend.


Today, I am trying to get back in the swing of things after a wonderful weekend away. Real life is overrated and hard to get back into when you've had a relaxing few days away, but I am slowly dipping my toe in the scalding pool of reality.

3 comments:

secret agent woman said...

Happy Birthday! I'm mixed about them as I see 50 looming a couple of years down the road.

S.I.F. said...

Happy birthday lady! Glad you had such a great one!

Lawfrog said...

Thanks Secret Agent and SIF! Secret Agent, 50 is a big birthday so I can understand some trepidation there, but with the way we prolong life here lately, it almost seems like 50 is the new 30. That could be good or bad depending on how you look at it:)