BACKGROUND

Monday, February 28, 2011

Letting in the Fresh Air

So things are looking up a bit. The weather was really amazing today. I was able to throw open all the windows and get some fresh air in the house. That is a true treat in Houston because it's either really cold or really hot and humid. We enjoy actual spring weather here only a few days out of the year so when it comes along, I take advantage of it by opening the windows and letting in a new season.

Anyway, I slept really badly last night due to my anxiety deciding that I should stay awake and pay attention to it. So I finally got tired of it (no pun intended) and got up for good. I got the day started by mopping all the tile floors, which was a huge thing because I'd been meaning to do it forever, but hadn't gotten around to it. I don't even want to tell you the last time the kitchen floor was swept and mopped. It may possibly have been prior to the current president's election. Possibly...

There's something about doing housework that makes you feel accomplished and as if you've worked hard. Now, I wouldn't want to do it every day (and I don't, see above comment about the last time the floors were mopped), but it does feel good to look at the finished product.

Here lately, I've been putting off doing a lot of things because I am tired, depressed, or the anxiety is getting to me. So, I am going to make a concerted effort to take the bull by the horns (or the mop in the hands) and get it together. I always feel better when things are done and I can truly relax. 

3 comments:

secret agent woman said...

When I'm anxious or sad, doing something productive always helps a little.

Dauphyfan said...

It's always so ironic how we often feel our most productive and motivated at such odd times of the day. The wee hours of the morning often provide inspiration, insight, and even solace from the sometimes harsh light of day. As the New Kids like to sing, hangin tough!

photos-animals-pets said...

Wish you have a good day

wellcome to blog of me : http://Photos-Animals-Pets.BlogSpot.com/

Photos-Animals-Pets - puppy pictures - Photos of "cat picture" 2011 - Anime - Manga - News Kpop