1. Using what's in your fridge right now, what sort of meal would you be able to make for guests who are knocking on your door this very minute?
Probably scrambled eggs with cheese or omelets, although the guests would have to make it themselves since I am not a cook by any stretch of the imagination. Even simple cuisine is beyond my skill level.
2. What is something about yourself that you hope you will change but probably never will?
My inability to have a normal relationship with food. I was never taught the principles of good nutrition when I was a child. My mother has been overweight my entire life and food was always a source of comfort. I am now trying to learn to eat for life sustainability and not pleasure/comfort. Not an easy task.
My love of learning. I am a very curious person and I enjoy reading, watching documentaries, and learning new things about a variety of subjects. I hope that love of knowledge will never change.
4. Do you usually send serious or funny greeting cards. Why?
It depends on the person. I will give funny cards to those who I know could use a laugh and/or have a sense of humor that appreciates such cards. I send serious ones to those who need the comfort or joy that a serious card can bring. It really is very person specific.
5. Bird watching, shell gathering or star gazing--your choice for whiling away the hours.
Shell gathering is something I miss. I used to live a very short walk from the Pacific Ocean and I remember gathering neat looking shells on the shore while listening to the waves.
6. Do you double or triple check things? If so, what?
I will double check to make sure I turned off the dryer before leaving the house. I have a thing about the dryer being on when I am not here (the washer too, actually). I also double check locks occasionally, but not that often.
Airports. People from all over the world going to places all over the world are very interesting to see.
8. Insert your own random thoughts here:
I am grateful to live in a first-world country where medical care and the luxury items of life are readily available anytime. It does not escape me that I am lucky and blessed to
have the life that I have.
Anyone wanna try this one?