BACKGROUND

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Cold, Cozumel, Clear Water

I have a cold. I hate having a cold. I can handle natural disasters  and death. I am good in a crisis. I come through for anyone, anytime no matter what is going on. But if I have a cold or the flu, I shut down. I whine, I complain, I moan. I hate the way it just completely stops my life because I can't breathe and I feel so exhausted. 

The upside to it all is that I got the cold now, which means that in a few days I will be feeling much better. This is a good thing because in a few days, I will be in Cozumel, Mexico once again!! I am SO excited! My Dad and I are heading south once more for a few days of rest and relaxation in one of our favorite travel destinations. This is the third time we've been this year (previously went in May and August) and this will be my sixth time there total. I went once in 2004 when I stayed for 7 days, twice on cruises in 2008 when I was there for just one day, and then the previous two times this year when I stayed for several days. I love Cozumel! I don't know what it is about that place, but it's one of my very favorite cities. It's so laid back and relaxing. The water is an unbelievable color, so blue and refreshing. 

I will be getting certified as a scuba diver. My father was certified earlier this year and will take some advanced courses while we're there. We're also going to go horseback riding and swim with the dolphins. We're both really looking forward to diving together and having fun. I love my Dad and I am so blessed that in my adulthood, we are not only father/daughter, but also friends. We love hanging out together. The same is true for my mother and me. I am grateful for that.

I'll be sending regular blog reports from Cozumel just like I did last time so for all those who want to know the goings-on down south, you can read all about it here!

5 comments:

Thank, Q said...

Have fun, but you can keep that scuba diving! LOL! I would have a stroke, heart attack, kidney failure and indigestion if I had to be submerged in the ocean for anything. LOL!

Legally Lovely said...

I hope you get to feeling better fast! Having a cold is never any fun. But, more importantly, have a BLAST in Cozumel and have fun scuba diving!! That sounds like such a great time!

Emily said...

Have so much fun in Cozumel. I'm going to relish those posts as it it starting to get chilly in Nebraska :) And feel better--colds are the absolute worst. My secrets--the Vicks Vapo Inhaler and EmerGenC. Happy Halloweekend!!!

secret agent woman said...

Have a great time - the warmth will do you good.

Karen Peterson said...

I've never actually been to Cozumel, but it looks lovely. Hope you have a great time!