BACKGROUND

Monday, November 7, 2011

Cozumel - Day 4: Being Tested

Dad and I slept in a bit this morning and then headed to breakfast. We were both feeling a little nervous since we had to take the respective exams for our Scuba Diving certification. Mine was for certification in general, Dad's was more advanced. He was taking a Nitrox course. We studied a little bit at the table and then headed over to take the tests. We both passed! I am officially certified as a scuba diver now!!

After the test, we hung out in our rooms for a bit and then headed over to swim with the dolphins! I had done it twice before, but Dad had never done it. We were the only two people signed up for that time slot so we got a lot of attention from the dolphin crew. So much fun! We got a DVD and some pictures of our swim. The photo to the right is Dad with one of the dolphins.

By the time we were done swimming with the dolphins, we were hungry so we walked to Palmeras, one of our favorite restaurants. We both had BBQ chicken and it was delicious! I splurged and had a brownie with ice cream and whipped cream on top. SO GOOD! We decided to take a cab back to the hotel because I still had my wet swimsuit on and I wasn't wearing shoes that were conducive to the long walk back. 

Tomorrow, we will sleep late and then have a leisurely breakfast before heading out on two dives. We will be seeing a reef and an airplane wreck site. I am so excited as these will be my first outings as a certified scuba diver. I've been on dives before as part of my training, but now I don't have to worry about the training, I can just enjoy it. Can't wait!

This time with my father in Cozumel has been wonderful. I cannot express how blessed I feel to have a father who parents me when I need it, but is always my friend too. Love my Dad!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad you're having such a wonderful time in Cozumel, and have sucn an incredible relationship with your dad!!! Can't wait to hear about more of your trip!!! oxo

Lawfrog said...

Thank you Emily! My Dad is amazing, we have so much fun together. My parents were divorced when I was very young and my Dad lived in Germany for most of my childhood (he was in the Army). So now, as an adult, it's been awesome getting to spend such great, quality time with him. He is my father and parents me as needed, but he's also my friend, which is such a blessing!