BACKGROUND

Thursday, January 19, 2012

GTFO Struggle!

So much has been on my mind lately. I think it's a function of life having changed in many ways for me recently. I am finally done with school. Really and truly done. It amazes me sometimes to realize that I will never have to take another exam or write another school paper. School stress was such a regular part of my life that I didn't even think about it anymore. It was just the way things were. But now, without that weight on my shoulders, I realize just how heavy it was!

Maybe it's the new year, but my mind has recently been occupied with the need for change. The need to move forward. This applies to a lot of areas of my life. As an old friend of mine put it the other day, there is a time where you stop struggling in relationships, finances, jobs, and so on. And that feels good. Not to have to struggle, to worry, to be afraid. That really resonated with me because it is true. At almost 36 years old, I no longer have the time or energy to struggle. It has worn out its usefulness in terms of life lessons and learning patience. Struggling needs to exit the building forthwith!

Random thought from me tonight, but there you have it. I am going to try to blog more regularly this year so stay tuned for my witty repartee, my random observations, my boring recollections. It will all be here!

5 comments:

Jaime_sama said...

I love this!

I have been thinking similar things, that I'd like 2012 to be a year with less effort, less forcing & discipline. How about moving in the directions we want, with ease and flow!

Karen Peterson said...

I feel like I've struggled my whole life and I'm tired of it.

It's a great feeling to be done with school, isn't it??

Lawfrog said...

@Jaime - Ease and flow are themes of my life this year! I am so tired of swimming upstream.

@Karen - Nice to know I'm not the only one who has followed the "life struggle" plan, although I hate to think of others struggling too. It does feel good to be done with school. I love having my life back!

secret agent woman said...

Hm. At 49 I still find that sometimes I struggle. I think it comes in waves.

Maria said...

I was basically in school from the age of 5 to 28.

When I was done with it, I decided that this was it. I wasn't even going to take a knitting class. Nothing.

I've never missed it.