BACKGROUND

Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday, Friendships, and Fajitas!

It has been an interesting week, but in a very good way! This week seems to have flown by, but it was awesome because I made a decision about something that I didn't even realize I needed to make a decision about yet. It was an issue that had been in limbo, but it was fine in limbo for awhile. But then, something shook it out of limbo and now I no longer need to even think about it, even though I wasn't thinking about it that much to begin with.

What is interesting is that once I'd made this decision, support for it came from various places. It seems that many people saw what I needed to see before I did and were just waiting for me to come to the place where my vision was clear and I could move forward. It was good to hear that others had seen the things I was finally seeing and that there was support for what I was doing. 

So yeah, that was accidentally cryptic, but basically, I am very happy to have had the weight removed from my mind and heart (that I didn't even know was all that weighty until it was gone) and now I can go forward. YAY! 

This week, I also spent time with two friends I hadn't seen in awhile. It was wonderful to sit and chat with them and catch up on life. One of my friends lives literally around the corner, but I hadn't seen her for almost two years. Life just gets in the way, but we finally got together yesterday for lunch and chatted for almost two hours over some fantastic fajitas at Gringo's Mexican Restaurant

Last night, another friend came over. It's only been a couple of weeks since I last saw her. Her visit was an impromptu thing, but it was a lot of fun! I ordered pizza and we hung out on the couch and talked for almost four hours about this, that, and everything else!! It's nice to go out to eat, but sometimes the best conversations happen over some pepperoni pizza, stretched out on the couch with shoes off.

Tomorrow, I am seeing another friend at her house. We're having movie night. We've been planning that for a few weeks. So it's been a great week of strengthening good friendships and relaxing with people I enjoy! 


1 comment:

Secret Agent Woman said...

Sounds good. I've been trying to out some time and energy into friendships recently, too.