BACKGROUND

Monday, October 15, 2012

Guten Tag!


This blog entry comes to you all the way from Germany where I arrived yesterday morning from Houston! I will be staying here for a month. I was born in Germany to American parents. My father was serving with the U.S. Army at the time and my mother couldn't quite make it to the hospital on the Army base so I was born in Gelnhausen in the German hospital. Consequently, I had dual citizenship for many years, although I no longer have it. 

In any case, I've always been drawn to this country and I have been here a few times before, but the last time was in 1995 when I was 19. I have spent the last 8 months planning this trip so I can take a month off from work and still pay the bills. I managed to do it and yesterday I boarded Lufthansa flight 441 in Houston for the non-stop almost 9-hour flight to Germany. I landed in Frankfurt about 9:00 a.m. I am staying in a small town not far from Frankfurt and I am loving it so far.

Come back to my blog for all the boring, wonderful, interesting, amazing details of my adventures in Deutschland!

4 comments:

Jillian Leigh said...

why did you lose your duel citizenship?

Lawfrog said...

I never made use of it. I believe it went away automatically when I was 18.

Thank, Q said...

Wow. I'd love to visit there. Can't wait to read about it!

Lawfrog said...

@Thank Q - You and the Mrs. need to get over here ASAP! I tell everyone this because it's just so beautiful here and there are so many places to explore.