BACKGROUND

Friday, June 14, 2013

Feeling Blue

Last Friday, my sweet Thomas and I had a wonderful evening! We went to Outback Steakhouse and I introduced Thomas to A-1 Steak Sauce. He'd never had it and he loves it. We bought some at the store this last week. We both enjoyed our meals at Outback and then we headed to downtown Houston for Blue Man Group!

When I was in Germany in October, we planned to go to Berlin to see Blue Man Group, but the travel costs to Berlin were prohibitive. So, we scrapped that plan. But I decided to see if maybe, just maybe Blue Man Group might have a show in Houston at some point. I did the research online and found that they did indeed have a traveling show that was in Houston the first part of June! I purchased the tickets back in March and decided to surprise Thomas when he arrived here in May. 

He was thrilled! We drove to Jones Hall in downtown Houston and sat in great seats waiting for the show to begin. It did not disappoint!! The show has no dialogue. It is full of music, colors, and a ton of fun. It doesn't matter what language you speak or where you're from, everyone can enjoy it. And everyone did! The hall was full and every person there had a great time! Laughter, clapping, standing ovations. It was amazing!!

Blue Man Group is in Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, New York, and Orlando as well as traveling throughout the US for the rest of this year. It is also in Berlin, Australia, Brazil, and on the Norwegian Epic cruise ship. 

It's absolutely worth seeing and it's something all ages from kids to the elderly can enjoy. So much fun! GO BLUE!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Bing has seen The Blue Man Group ELEVEN times!

I've seen them once and had a splendid time.

S.I.F. said...

I have always wanted to go see them, it looks like a blast! Glad you guys had so much fun!