BACKGROUND

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Two Eyes (PDC June 22, 2013)

SATURDAY, JUNE 22, 2013
This was our last full day in Playa Del Carmen and we started it off with breakfast at the Mayan Bistro before heading to the dive shop at 8:30. This would be our last two dives and we decided to do them in the Dos Ojos (Spanish for Two Eyes) Cenote. My Dad and I had both been to this cenote before, but it was Thomas's first cenote dive. It's a great first cenote experience.

Cenotes are beautiful. They are caverns that are dark and you need a flashlight to dive in them, but throughout the cenote, you can see shafts of light shining through the water. It's incredible and no diver should miss it. 

After the dive, we headed back to the hotel for some rest and relaxation before going to dinner. We had a great dinner at La Vagabunda, one of our favorite places in Playa. I had the filet mignon, Dad had the chili and Thomas had fish and chips. Everyone was happy with the food. Afterwards, Thomas and I headed down 5th Avenue in search of last minute souvenirs. We walked a lot, but found what we were looking for. We went back to the hotel and spent the last night in paradise laying out by the pool, enjoying the evening. 

I couldn't have asked for a better time with the two most important men in my life - my Dad and my wonderful boyfriend. Adios Mexico! We'll be back! 

3 comments:

knotty said...

That photo is beautiful! I'm jealous!

S.I.F. said...

I am totally jealous - It has been WAY too long since I have gone diving!

Maria said...

I've never been to Mexico and because I have Meniere's Syndrome, I can't go under water.

I am pea green with jealousy. Just sayin'.