BACKGROUND

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Lawfrog's Bookshelf - April 2014

I'm a big reader and I generally have several books going at once. Currently, I'm reading:

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I'm listening to the unabridged version on my Kindle Fire during my commutes. I'm about 1/3 of the way through it and I'm enjoying it. 

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford. I'm only a few chapters into this and I can already tell I'm going to like it. 

Defending Angels by Mary Stanton. This is one of those books that I thought would be interesting because it's the first in a series about a lawyer (one of my former professions) whose clients are other worldly. It just didn't keep my interest so I put it down and picked it up quite a bit. I've been "reading" this for two years now. I'm only 30-something pages from the end and it's picked up a bit so I'm eager to see who the killer is now, but I don't think I'll read any more of the series. 

What are you reading?













3 comments:

Jillian Leigh said...

gone girl is on my list.

I'm reading a book called "in the warrior's bed" by Mary Wine. the book was a gift from a friend.

i'm a sucker for romance.

Karen M. Peterson said...

Gone Girl is on my list. I enjoyed Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, although it was just a little *too* sweet for me.

Maria said...

I've heard that Gone Girl is great but the one time that I tried to read it, I got bored, so stopped. Maybe I should give it another go? Right now, I am trying to get into a Dorothea Benton Frank book that my sister told me was "soooo good." I'm on page 24 and bored. We'll see.