BACKGROUND

Friday, May 16, 2014

Lawfrog's Bookshelf - May 2014

I finally finished the book I've been reading for about three years now. It was Defending Angels by Mary Stanton, the first in a series of books about a lawyer who defends other worldly clients. Sounds like a good premise, but this book was horribly boring and I read it in fits and starts hence it taking me literally three years to read it. I was glad to finish it, but I can't say I enjoyed it at all. It moved too slowly and the ending didn't really wrap it up well in my view. 

What I am reading right now:


Knit Two by Kate Jacobs. This is the second in The Friday Night Knitting Club series. I loved the first book which was titled The Friday Night Knitting Club and this book is equally as good.

The Art of Love by Elizabeth Edmondson. I absolutely loved Edmondson's A Villa in Italy. This book is good too. It's another one I'm reading slowly as I have others I've been interested in finishing, but I am enjoying it. 



1 comment:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I liked Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. Although it was just a little bit too sweet for me.