BACKGROUND

Friday, September 26, 2014

20 years

20 years ago today, I started classes at the University of Oregon. I was 18. I didn't know then that I would earn four degrees at three universities across 11 years. It was the beginning of a long journey that I didn't know I was on. Just a few days before classes started, I met the woman who would become my best friend, my kindred spirit. Britt had the dorm room down the hall from mine. We lived in the International Dorm and it turned out we were the only two there who were from Oregon. We bonded over cereal and our mutual love of talking about everything and nothing at all. Britt has been by my side for over half my life now, seeing me through marriage, divorce, law school, grad school, moving from Oregon to Houston, and everything in-between. There is nothing that can replace the sound of her voice when I need a pick-me-up, her great advice for all life's troubles, and her shared joy when life goes my way. Thank you for sharing the journey Britt. I love you more than I can say. Here's to 20 years of friendship. I have truly been blessed with you.




3 comments:

knotty said...

What a nice post! I have a male friend from college who is like that. We were inseparable when we were in school and we're still good friends today.

Jillian Leigh said...

Happy frienanniversary!!

Britt Prince said...

Thank you for being my go-to anytime of the day or night, wickedly funny, sweet and selfless guiding light. I couldn't imagine any other kindred spirit to experience this journey with than you. Thank for the magic and honor of being your bestie all these years...love you always my sister my friend!